spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No space left on device exception
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2014 22:49:47 GMT
You can set spark.local.dir to put this data somewhere other than /tmp if /tmp is full. Actually
it’s recommended to have multiple local disks and set to to a comma-separated list of directories,
one per disk.

Matei

On Mar 23, 2014, at 3:35 PM, Aaron Davidson <ilikerps@gmail.com> wrote:

> On some systems, /tmp/ is an in-memory tmpfs file system, with its own size limit. It's
possible that this limit has been exceeded. You might try running the "df" command to check
to free space of "/tmp" or root if tmp isn't listed.

> 3 GB also seems pretty low for the remaining free space of a disk. If your disk size
is in the TB range, it's possible that the last couple GB have issues when being allocated
due to fragmentation or reclamation policies.

> On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Ognen Duzlevski <ognen@nengoiksvelzud.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a weird error showing up when I run a job on my Spark cluster. The version of
spark is 0.9 and I have 3+ GB free on the disk when this error shows up. Any ideas what I
should be looking for?

> [error] (run-main-0) org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted: Task 167.0:3 failed
4 times (most recent failure: Exception failure: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/spark-local-20140323214638-72df/31/shuffle_31_3_127
(No space left on device))