spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: All pairs shortest paths?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 00:20:18 GMT
All-pairs distances is tricky for a large graph because you need O(V^2) storage. Do you want
to just quickly query the distance between two vertices? In that case you can do single-source
shortest paths, which I believe exists in GraphX, or at least is very quick to implement on
top of its Pregel API. If your graph is small enough that storing all-pairs is feasible, you
can probably run this as an iterative algorithm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd–Warshall_algorithm,
though I haven’t tried it. It may be tough to do with GraphX.

Matei