spark-user mailing list archives

From Michael Armbrust <mich...@databricks.com>
Subject Re: Error in SparkSQL Example
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 16:13:26 GMT
"val people: RDD[Person] // An RDD of case class objects, from the first
example." is just a placeholder to avoid cluttering up each example with
the same code for creating an RDD.  The ": RDD[People]" is just there to
let you know the expected type of the variable 'people'.  Perhaps there is
a clearer way to indicate this.

As you have realized, using the full line from the first example will allow
you to run the rest of them.