Yes but you have to maintain connection of that machine to the master cluster as the driver with DAG scheduler runs on that machine.
Regards
Mayur

Mayur Rustagi
Ph: +1 (760) 203 3257
http://www.sigmoidanalytics.com
@mayur_rustagi

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 4:09 AM, Wush Wu <wush@bridgewell.com> wrote:
Dear all,

We have a spark 0.8.1 cluster on mesos 0.15. It works if I submit the job from the master of mesos. That is to say, I spawn the spark shell or launch the scala application on the master of mesos.

However, when I submit the job from another machine, the job will lost. The logs shows that the mesos does not copy the spark-0.8.1-incubating.tar.gz to the temporal working directory, so the job lost immediately. Is it possible to submit the job from the machine not belong to mesos cluster?

Thanks!

Wush