spark-user mailing list archives

From Vipul Pandey <vipan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using ProtoBuf 2.5 for messages with Spark Streaming
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 07:53:21 GMT
> Spark now shades its own protobuf dependency so protobuf 2.4.1 should't be getting pulled
in unless you are directly using akka yourself. Are you?

No i'm not. Although I see that protobuf libraries are directly pulled into the 0.9.0 assembly
jar - I do see the shaded version as well.
e.g. below for Message.class

-bash-4.1$ jar -ftv ./assembly/target/scala-2.10/spark-assembly-0.9.0-incubating-hadoop2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar
| grep protobuf | grep /Message.class
   478 Thu Jun 30 15:26:12 PDT 2011 com/google/protobuf/Message.class
   508 Sat Dec 14 14:20:38 PST 2013 com/google/protobuf_spark/Message.class

> Does your project have other dependencies that might be indirectly pulling in protobuf
2.4.1? It would be helpful if you could list all of your dependencies including the exact
Spark version and other libraries.

I did have another one which I moved to the end of classpath - even ran partial code without
that dependency but it still failed whenever I use the jar with ScalaBuf dependency.
Spark version is 0.9.0

~Vipul