spark-user mailing list archives

From ZhangYi <yizh...@thoughtworks.com>
Subject Re: My talk on "Spark: The Next Top (Compute) Model"
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 13:45:07 GMT
Very Useful material. Currently, I am trying to persuade my client choose Spark instead of
Hadoop MapReduce. Your slide give me more evidence to support my opinion.

--
ZhangYi (张逸)
Developer

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 9:18 PM, Daniel Darabos wrote:

> Cool intro, thanks! One question. On slide 23 it says "Standalone ("local" mode)". That
sounds a bit confusing without hearing the talk.

> Standalone mode is not local. It just does not depend on a cluster software. I think
it's the best mode for EC2/GCE, because they provide a distributed filesystem anyway (S3/GCS).
Why configure Hadoop if you don't have to.

> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 12:25 AM, Dean Wampler <deanwampler@gmail.com (mailto:deanwampler@gmail.com)>
wrote:
> > I meant to post this last week, but this is a talk I gave at the Philly ETE conf.
last week: