spark-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Lee <alee...@hotmail.com>
Subject spark-shell driver interacting with Workers in YARN mode - firewall blocking communication
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 17:52:40 GMT
Hi All,
I encountered this problem when the firewall is enabled between the spark-shell and the Workers.
When I launch spark-shell in yarn-client mode, I notice that Workers on the YARN containers
are trying to talk to the driver (spark-shell), however, the firewall is not opened and caused
timeout.
For the Workers, it tries to open listening ports on 54xxx for each Worker? Is the port random
in such case?What will be the better way to predict the ports so I can configure the firewall
correctly between the driver (spark-shell) and the Workers? Is there a range of ports we can
specify in the firewall/iptables?
Any ideas?