spark-user mailing list archives

From Peng Cheng <pc...@uowmail.edu.au>
Subject Re: How to enable fault-tolerance?
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 18:24:43 GMT
Thanks a lot! That's very responsive, somebody definitely has
encountered the same problem before, and added two hidden modes in
masterURL:

(from SparkContext.scala: line1431)

    // Regular expression for local[N, maxRetries], used in tests with
failing tasks
    val LOCAL_N_FAILURES_REGEX =
"""local\[([0-9]+)\s*,\s*([0-9]+)\]""".r
    // Regular expression for simulating a Spark cluster of [N, cores,
memory] locally
    val LOCAL_CLUSTER_REGEX =
"""local-cluster\[\s*([0-9]+)\s*,\s*([0-9]+)\s*,\s*([0-9]+)\s*]""".r

Unfortunately they never got pushed into the documentation, and you got
config parameters scattered in two different places (masterURL and
$spark.task.maxFailures).
I'm thinking of adding a new config parameter
$spark.task.maxLocalFailures to override 1, how do you think?

Thanks again buddy.

Yours Peng