spark-user mailing list archives

From "Ulanov, Alexander" <alexander.ula...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Adding external jar to spark-shell classpath in spark 1.0
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 17:42:48 GMT
Could you elaborate on this? I don’t have an application, I just use spark shell.

From: Andrew Or [mailto:andrew@databricks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:40 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding external jar to spark-shell classpath in spark 1.0

This is a known issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-1919. We haven't found
a fix yet, but for now, you can workaround this by including your simple class in your application
jar.

Hi,

I am currently using spark 1.0 locally on Windows 7. I would like to use classes from external
jar in the spark-shell. I followed the instruction in: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spark-user/201402.mbox/%3CCALrNVjWWF6k=c_JrhoE9W_qaACJLD4+kbdUhfV0Pitr8H1fXnw@mail.gmail.com%3E

I have set ADD_JARS=”my.jar” SPARK_CLASSPATH=”my.jar” in spark-shell.cmd but this
didn’t work.

I also tried running “spark-shell.cmd --jars my.jar --driver-class-path my.jar --driver-library-path
my.jar” and it didn’t work either.

I cannot load any class from my jar into spark shell. Btw my.jar contains a simple Scala class.

Best regards, Alexander