spark-user mailing list archives

From omergul123 <omergul...@gmail.com>
Subject Understanding Spark
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 01:49:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm just a new one in the world big data and I'm trying understand the use
cases of several projects. Of course one of them is Spark.

I wanna know that what is the proper way of examining my data that resides
on my MySQL server?

Think that I'm saving every page view of a user with the timestamp in a
table called "views" (id, user_id, page, created_at). Let's assume there are
millions of rows in this table. In the Spark examples, there are some text
files which are analysed. So in the case of data that resides in MySQL, what
should be my approach? By analysing the data, you can think of generating
page recommendations for similar users.

Thanks,