spark-user mailing list archives

From HHB <hihellobo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graphx traversal and merge interesting edges
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 11:27:49 GMT
Hi Ankur,

I was trying out the PatterMatcher it works for smaller path, but I see that for the longer
ones it continues to run forever...

Here's what I am trying: https://gist.github.com/hihellobolke/dd2dc0fcebba485975d1  (The example
of 3 share traders transacting in appl shares)

The first edge pattern list (Line 66) works okay, but the second one (Line 76) never return..

Thanks,
Gautam

On 05-Jul-2014, at 3:23 pm, Ankur Dave <ankurdave@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting problem! My understanding is that you want to (1) find paths matching a particular
pattern, and (2) add edges between the start and end vertices of the matched paths.

> For (1), I implemented a pattern matcher for GraphX that iteratively accumulates partial
pattern matches. I used your example in the unit test.

> For (2), you can take the output of the pattern matcher (the set of matching paths organized
by their terminal vertices) and construct a set of new edges using the initial and terminal
vertices of each path. Then you can make a new graph consisting of the union of the original
edge set and the new edges. Let me know if you'd like help with this.