spark-user mailing list archives

From Burak Yavuz <bya...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Regularization parameters
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 02:12:49 GMT
Hi,

That is interesting. Would you please share some code on how you are setting the regularization
type, regularization parameters and running Logistic Regression?

Thanks,
Burak

----- Original Message -----
From: "SK" <skrishna.id@gmail.com>
To: user@spark.incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:18:43 PM
Subject: Regularization parameters

Hi,

I tried different regularization parameter values with Logistic Regression
for binary classification of my dataset and would like to understand the
following results:

regType = L2, regParam = 0.0 , I am getting AUC = 0.80 and accuracy of 80%
regType = L1, regParam = 0.0 , I am getting AUC = 0.80 and accuracy of 50%

To calculate accuracy I am using 0.5 as threshold. prediction <0.5 is class
0, and prediction >= 0.5 is class 1.

regParam = 0.0, implies I am not using any regularization, is that correct?
If so, it should not matter whether I specify L1 or L2, I should get the
same results. So why is the accuracy value different?

thanks