spark-user mailing list archives

From Michael Armbrust <mich...@databricks.com>
Subject Re: Spark-sql with Tachyon cache
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2014 01:44:20 GMT
We are investigating various ways to integrate with Tachyon.  I'll note
that you can already use saveAsParquetFile and
parquetFile(...).registerAsTable("tableName") (soon to be registerTempTable
in Spark 1.1) to store data into tachyon and query it with Spark SQL.

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 1:42 AM, Dariusz Kobylarz <darek.kobylarz@gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Hi, I would like to ask if spark-sql tables cached by Tachyon is a
> feature to be migrated from shark.
>
> I imagine from the user perspective it would look like this:
>
> CREATE TABLE data TBLPROPERTIES("sparksql.cache" = "tachyon") AS SELECT a, b, c from
data_on_disk WHERE month="May";