Hi Harsha,

You could look through the GraphX source to see the approach taken there for ideas in your own.  I'd recommend starting at https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/graphx/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/graphx/Graph.scala#L385 to see the storage technique.

Why do you want to avoid using GraphX?

Good luck!
Andrew