Hi,
I would like to run Spark application on Amazon EMR. I have some questions about that:
1. I have input data on other hdfs (not on Amazon). Can I send all input data from that cluster to HDFS on Amazon EMR cluster (if it has enough storage memory) or do I have send it to Amazon S3 storage and then load this data on EMR cluster where I want to run my application?
2. Which nodes should be on-demand instances and which can be spot instances (I don't want to spend to much money but I also lost my data or have to recompute everything after spot instance interruption)?
3. Can I use Amazon S3 storage for input and output data to have less on-demand instances and more spot instances? (Or maybe there is another solution to lower costs)

I would like to run this application once and computation would take around 30h I think.

Could you answer on (at least some of) this questions?

Thanks,
Grzegorz