spark-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Haviv <danielru...@gmail.com>
Subject Could not find the main class: org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 11:34:15 GMT
Hi,
I've built spark successfully with maven but when I try to run spark-shell I get the following
errors:
Spark assembly has been built with Hive, including Datanucleus jars on classpath

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/spark/deploy/SparkSubmit

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)Could
not find the main class: org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit. Program will exit.

What can be wrong?

Thanks,
Daniel