spark-user mailing list archives

From Aniket Bhatnagar <aniket.bhatna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Programmatically running spark jobs using yarn-client
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 15:13:04 GMT
Thanks Akhil. I was wondering why it isn't available to find the class even
though it existed in the same class loader as SparkContext. As a
workaround, I used the following code the add all dependent jars in a
playframework application to spark context.

@tailrec
private def addClassPathJars(sparkContext: SparkContext, classLoader:
ClassLoader): Unit = {
  classLoader match {
    case urlClassLoader: URLClassLoader => {
      urlClassLoader.getURLs.foreach(classPathUrl => {
        if (classPathUrl.toExternalForm.endsWith(".jar")) {
          LOGGER.debug(s"Added $classPathUrl to spark context
$sparkContext")
          sparkContext.addJar(classPathUrl.toExternalForm)
        } else {
          LOGGER.debug(s"Ignored $classPathUrl while adding to spark
context $sparkContext")
        }
      })
    }
    case _ => LOGGER.debug(s"Ignored class loader $classLoader as it does
not subclasses URLClassLoader")
  }
  if (classLoader.getParent != null){
    addClassPathJars(sparkContext, classLoader.getParent)
  }
}