spark-user mailing list archives

From Dick Davies <d...@hellooperator.net>
Subject dockerized spark executor on mesos?
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 17:46:48 GMT
Just wondered if anyone had managed to start spark
jobs on mesos wrapped in a docker container?

At present (i.e. very early testing) I'm able to submit executors
to mesos via spark-submit easily enough, but they fall over
as we don't have a JVM on our slaves out of the box.

I can push one out via our CM system if push comes to shove,
 but it'd be nice to have that as part of the job (I'm thinking it might
be a way to get some of the dependencies deployed too).

bear in mind I'm a total clueless newbie at this so please be gentle
if I'm doing this completely wrong.

Thanks!