From:        Akhil Das <akhil@sigmoidanalytics.com>
To:        Deepa Jayaveer <deepa.jayaveer@tcs.com>
Cc:        "user@spark.apache.org" <user@spark.apache.org>
Date:        12/10/2014 12:55 PM
Subject:        Re: reg JDBCRDD code

Try changing this line

JdbcRDD rdd = new JdbcRDD(sc, getConnection, sql, 0, 0, 1,
                getResultset, ClassTag$.
MODULE$.apply(String.class));

JdbcRDD rdd = new JdbcRDD(sc, getConnection, sql, 0, 100, 1,
                getResultset, ClassTag$.
MODULE$.apply(String.class));

Here:
0   - lower bound
100 - upper bound
1   - number of partitions i believe.

Thanks
Best Regards

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Deepa Jayaveer <deepa.jayaveer@tcs.com> wrote:
Thanks Akhil but it is expecting Function1 instead of Function .. I tried out writing a new class by implementing Function1 but
got an error . can you please help us to get it resolved

JDBCRDD is created as

JdbcRDD
rdd =
new JdbcRDD(sc, getConnection, sql, 0, 0, 1,
                getResultset, ClassTag$.
MODULE$.apply(String.class));

overridden  'apply' method in Function1

public
String apply(ResultSet arg0) {

             String ss =
null;

try {
                ss = (String) ((java.sql.ResultSet) arg0).getString(1);

            }
catch (SQLException e) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block
                e.printStackTrace();

            }

            System.
out.println(ss);

return ss;

// TODO Auto-generated method stub
        }

Error log

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 0.0:0 failed 1 times, most recent failure: Exception failure in TID 0 on host localhost: java.sql.SQLException: Parameter index out of range (1 > number of parameters, which is 0).
        com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(
SQLError.java:1073)
        com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(
SQLError.java:987)
        com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(
SQLError.java:982)
        com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(
SQLError.java:927)
        com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.checkBounds(
PreparedStatement.java:3709)
        com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.setInternal(
PreparedStatement.java:3693)
        com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.setInternal(
PreparedStatement.java:3735)
        com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.setLong(
PreparedStatement.java:3751)

Thanks
Deepa