spark-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Rhode <m.a.rh...@gmail.com>
Subject SVD in pyspark ?
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:12:05 GMT
Is the distributed SVD functionality exposed to Python yet?

Seems it's only available to scala or java, unless I am missing something,
looking for a pyspark equivalent to
org.apache.spark.mllib.linalg.SingularValueDecomposition

In case it's not there yet, is there a way to make a wrapper to call from
python into the corresponding java/scala code? The reason for using python
instead of just directly  scala is that I like to take advantage of the
notebook interface for visualization.

As a side, is there a inotebook like interface for the scala based REPL?

Thanks

Andreas