spark-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Shirokikh <O...@solver.com>
Subject RE: Creating Apache Spark-powered “As Service” applications
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 21:33:55 GMT
Thanks a lot, Robert – I’ll definitely investigate this and probably would come back with
questions.

P.S. I’m new to this Spark forum. I’m getting responses through emails but they are not
appearing as “replies” in the thread – it’s kind of inconvenient. Is it something
that I should tweak?

Thanks,
Oleg

From: Robert C Senkbeil [mailto:rcsenkbe@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 12:21 PM
To: Oleg Shirokikh
Cc: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Creating Apache Spark-powered “As Service” applications

Hi,

You can take a look at the Spark Kernel project: https://github.com/ibm-et/spark-kernel

The Spark Kernel's goal is to serve as the foundation for interactive applications. The project
provides a client library in Scala that abstracts connecting to the kernel (containing a Spark
Context), which can be embedded into a web application. We demonstrated this at StataConf
when we embedded the Spark Kernel client into a Play application to provide an interactive
web application that communicates to Spark via the Spark Kernel (hosting a Spark Context).

A getting started section can be found here: https://github.com/ibm-et/spark-kernel/wiki/Getting-Started-with-the-Spark-Kernel

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me or communicate over our mailing list:

spark-kernel@googlegroups.com<mailto:spark-kernel@googlegroups.com>

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/spark-kernel

Signed,
Chip Senkbeil
IBM Emerging Technology Software Engineer

[Inactive hide details for olegshirokikh ---01/16/2015 01:32:43 PM---The question is about
the ways to create a Windows desktop-]olegshirokikh ---01/16/2015 01:32:43 PM---The question
is about the ways to create a Windows desktop-based and/or web-based application client