spark-user mailing list archives

From Sean McNamara <Sean.McNam...@Webtrends.com>
Subject Re: Large dataset, reduceByKey - java heap space error
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 22:38:59 GMT
Hi Kane-

http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/tuning.html has excellent information that may be helpful.
 In particular increasing the number of tasks may help, as well as confirming that you don’t
have more data than you're expecting landing on a key.

Also, if you are using spark < 1.2.0,  setting spark.shuffle.manager=sort was a huge help
for many of our shuffle heavy workloads (this is the default in 1.2.0 now)

Cheers,

Sean

On Jan 22, 2015, at 3:15 PM, Kane Kim <kane.isturm@gmail.com<mailto:kane.isturm@gmail.com>>