spark-user mailing list archives

From Ashic Mahtab <as...@live.com>
Subject Starting a spark streaming app in init.d
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 20:27:48 GMT
Hello,
I'm trying to kick off a spark streaming job to a stand alone master using spark submit inside
of init.d. This is what I have:

DAEMON="spark-submit --class Streamer --executor-memory 500M --total-executor-cores 4 /path/to/assembly.jar"

start() {
        $DAEMON -p /var/run/my_assembly.pid &
        echo "OK" &&
        return 0
}

However, will return 0 even if spark_submit fails. Is there a way to run spark-submit in the
background and return 0 only if it successfully starts up? Or better yet, is there something
in spark-submit that will allow me to do this, perhaps via a command line argument?

Thanks,
Ashic.