spark-user mailing list archives

From Grandl Robert <rgra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Spark SQL using Hive metastore
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 21:06:54 GMT
Hi guys,
I am a newbie in running Spark SQL / Spark. My goal is to run some TPC-H queries atop Spark
SQL using Hive metastore.
It looks like spark 1.2.1 release has Spark SQL / Hive support. However, I am not able to
fully connect all the dots.

I did the following:
1. Copied hive-site.xml from hive to spark/conf2. Copied mysql connector to spark/lib3. I
have started hive metastore service: hive --service metastore
3. I have started ./bin/spark-sql
4. I typed: spark-sql> show tables; However, the following error was thrown:  Job 0
failed: collect at SparkPlan.scala:84, took 0.241788 s
15/03/11 15:02:35 ERROR SparkSQLDriver: Failed in [show tables]
org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task serialization failed:
org.xerial.snappy.SnappyError: [FAILED_TO_LOAD_NATIVE_LIBRARY] no native library is found
for os.name=Linux and os.arch=aarch64

Do  you know what I am doing wrong ? I mention that I have hive-0.14 instead of hive-0.13.

And another question: What is the right command to run sql queries with spark sql using hive
metastore ?
Thanks,Robert