spark-user mailing list archives

From "Cheng, Hao" <hao.ch...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Spark SQL using Hive metastore
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 00:49:17 GMT
Hi, Robert

Spark SQL currently only support Hive 0.12.0(need to re-compile the package) and 0.13.1(by
default), I am not so sure if it supports the Hive 0.14 metastore service as backend.  Another
way you can try is configure the $SPARK_HOME/conf/hive-site.xml to access the remote metastore
database directly("javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL” and “javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName”
required); And then you can start the Spark SQL like:
bin/spark-sql --jars lib/mysql-connector-xxx.jar

For the “SnappyError”, seems you didn’t configure the snappy native lib well for Spark,
can you check the configuration file of $SPARK_HOME/conf/spark-xxx.conf ?

Cheng Hao

From: Grandl Robert [mailto:rgrandl@yahoo.com.INVALID]
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2015 5:07 AM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Spark SQL using Hive metastore

Hi guys,

I am a newbie in running Spark SQL / Spark. My goal is to run some TPC-H queries atop Spark
SQL using Hive metastore.

It looks like spark 1.2.1 release has Spark SQL / Hive support. However, I am not able to
fully connect all the dots.

I did the following:
1. Copied hive-site.xml from hive to spark/conf
2. Copied mysql connector to spark/lib
3. I have started hive metastore service: hive --service metastore
3. I have started ./bin/spark-sql
4. I typed: spark-sql> show tables;
However, the following error was thrown:
 Job 0 failed: collect at SparkPlan.scala:84, took 0.241788 s
15/03/11 15:02:35 ERROR SparkSQLDriver: Failed in [show tables]
org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task serialization failed:
org.xerial.snappy.SnappyError: [FAILED_TO_LOAD_NATIVE_LIBRARY] no native library is found
for os.name=Linux and os.arch=aarch64

Do  you know what I am doing wrong ? I mention that I have hive-0.14 instead of hive-0.13.

And another question: What is the right command to run sql queries with spark sql using hive
metastore ?

Thanks,
Robert