spark-user mailing list archives

From Robin East <robin.e...@xense.co.uk>
Subject Re: GraphX path traversal
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 16:39:00 GMT
Have you tried EdgeDirection.In?
> On 3 Mar 2015, at 16:32, Robin East <robin.east@xense.co.uk> wrote:
>
> What about the following which can be run in spark shell:
>
> import org.apache.spark._
> import org.apache.spark.graphx._
> import org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD
>
> val vertexlist = Array((1L,"One"), (2L,"Two"), (3L,"Three"), (4L,"Four"),(5L,"Five"),(6L,"Six"))
> val edgelist = Array(Edge(6,5,"6 to 5"),Edge(5,4,"5 to 4"),Edge(4,3,"4 to 3"), Edge(3,2,"3
to 2"), Edge(2,1,"2 to 1"))
> val vertices: RDD[(VertexId, String)] =  sc.parallelize(vertexlist)
> val edges = sc.parallelize(edgelist)
> val graph = Graph(vertices, edges)
>
> val triplets = graph.triplets
>
> triplets.foreach(t => println(s"parent for ${t.dstId} is ${t.srcId}"))
>
> It doesn’t set vertex 6 to have parent 6 but you get the idea.
>
> It doesn’t use Pregel but that sounds like overkill for what you are trying to achieve.
>
> Does that answer your question or were you after something different?
>

>> On 3 Mar 2015, at 15:12, Madabhattula Rajesh Kumar <mrajaforu@gmail.com <mailto:mrajaforu@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Robin,
>>
>> Thank you for your response. Please find below my question. I have a below edge file
>>
>> Source Vertex	Destination Vertex
>> 1	2
>> 2	3
>> 3	4
>> 4	5
>> 5	6
>> 6	6
>>
>> In this graph 1st vertex is connected to 2nd vertex, 2nd Vertex is connected to 3rd
vertex,..... 6th vertex is connected to 6th vertex. So 6th vertex is a root node. Please find
below graph

>> <image.png>
>> In this graph, How can I compute the 1st vertex parents like 2,3,4,5,6. Similarly
2nd vertex parents like 3,4,5,6 .... 6th vertex parent like 6 because this is the root node.

>> I'm planning to use pergel API but I'm not able to define messages and vertex program
in that API. Could you please help me on this.

>> Please let me know if you need more information.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rajesh
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 8:15 PM, Robin East <robin.east@xense.co.uk <mailto:robin.east@xense.co.uk>>
wrote:
>> Rajesh
>>
>> I'm not sure if I can help you, however I don't even understand the question. Could
you restate what you are trying to do.

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 2 Mar 2015, at 11:17, Madabhattula Rajesh Kumar <mrajaforu@gmail.com <mailto:mrajaforu@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a below edge list. How to find the parents path for every vertex?
>>>
>>> Example :
>>>
>>> Vertex 1 path : 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
>>> Vertex 2 path : 3, 4, 5, 6
>>> Vertex 3 path : 4,5,6
>>> vertex 4 path : 5,6
>>> vertex 5 path : 6
>>>
>>> Could you please let me know how to do this? (or) Any suggestion
>>>
>>> Source Vertex	Destination Vertex
>>> 1	2
>>> 2	3
>>> 3	4