spark-user mailing list archives

From lisendong <lisend...@163.com>
Subject Re: how to clean shuffle write each iteration
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 08:24:22 GMT
in  ALS, I guess all the iteration’s rdds are referenced by its next iteration’s rdd,
so all the shuffle data will not be deleted until the als job finished…

I guess checkpoint could solve my problem, do you know checkpoint?

> 在 2015年3月3日,下午4:18,nitin [via Apache Spark User List] <ml-node+s1001560n21889h17@n3.nabble.com>
写道:

> Shuffle write will be cleaned if it is not referenced by any object directly/indirectly.
There is a garbage collector written inside spark which periodically checks for weak references
to RDDs/shuffle write/broadcast and deletes them.