spark-user mailing list archives

From "Wang, Daoyuan" <daoyuan.w...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Explanation on the Hive in the Spark assembly
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 08:39:52 GMT
Hi bit1129,

1, hive in spark assembly removed most dependencies of hive on Hadoop to avoid conflicts.
2, this hive is used to run some native command, which does not rely on spark or mapreduce.

Thanks,
Daoyuan

From: bit1129@163.com [mailto:bit1129@163.com]
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2015 4:24 PM
To: user
Subject: Explanation on the Hive in the Spark assembly

Hi, sparkers,

I am kind of confused about hive in the spark assembly.  I think hive in the spark assembly
is not the same thing as Hive On Spark(Hive On Spark,  is meant to run hive using spark execution
engine).
So, my question is:
1. What is the difference between Hive in the spark assembly and Hive on Hadoop?
2. Does Hive in the spark assembly use Spark execution engine or Hadoop MR engine?
Thanks.

bit1129@163.com<mailto:bit1129@163.com>