Sorry guys for this.

It seems that I need to start the thrift server with --master spark://ms0220:7077 option and now I can see applications running in my web UI.

Thanks,
Robert

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:57 AM, Grandl Robert <rgrandl@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

I figured out for spark-shell by passing the --master option. However, still troubleshooting for launching sql queries. My current command is like that:

./bin/beeline -u jdbc:hive2://ms0220:10000 -n `whoami` -p ignored -f tpch_query10.sql