Hi,
Verbose output showed no additional information about the origin of the error

rsync from right
sending incremental file list

sent 20 bytes  received 12 bytes  64.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
starting org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master, logging to /usr/local/spark130/sbin/../logs/spark-huser-org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master-1-cl-pc6.out
left: rsync from right
left: rsync: change_dir "/usr/local/spark130//right" failed: No such file or directory (2)
left: rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1183) [sender=3.1.0]
left: starting org.apache.spark.deploy.worker.Worker, logging to /usr/local/spark130/sbin/../logs/spark-huser-org.apache.spark.deploy.worker.Worker-1-cl-pc5.out
right: rsync from right
right: sending incremental file list
right: rsync: change_dir "/usr/local/spark130//right" failed: No such file or directory (2)
right:
right: sent 20 bytes  received 12 bytes  64.00 bytes/sec
right: total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
right: rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1183) [sender=3.1.0]
right: starting org.apache.spark.deploy.worker.Worker, logging to /usr/local/spark130/sbin/../logs/spark-huser-org.apache.spark.deploy.worker.Worker-1-cl-pc6.out

I also edited the script to remove the additional slash, but this did not help either. The workers are basically started by the script it is just this error message that is thrown.

Now, funny thing. I was so brave to create the folder //right Spark is desperately looking for. Guess what, this caused to a complete wipe of my local spark installation /usr/local/spark130 was cleaned completely expect for the logs folder….

Any suggestions what is happening here?