spark-user mailing list archives

From shreesh <shreesh.la...@gmail.com>
Subject Interpreting what gets printed as one submits spark application
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 06:05:04 GMT
I am fairly new to spark. I configured 3 machines(2 slaves) on a standalone
cluster. I just wanted to know what exactly is the meaning of:
[Stage 0:======>                                                        (25
+ 4) / 500]
This gets printed to the terminal when I submit my app. I understand that
500 is the number in which my data has been partitioned. What exactly does
25 and 4 mean?
Here usually 4 remains fixed while 25 keeps on increasing until they both
add upto 500. Does this mean that only one machine is doing most of the
computation?