spark-user mailing list archives

From "Chaudhary, Umesh" <Umesh.Chaudh...@searshc.com>
Subject RE: Optimizing Streaming from Websphere MQ
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 13:35:19 GMT
Thanks Akhil for taking this point, I am also talking about the MQ bottleneck.
I am currently having 5 receivers for a unreliable Websphere MQ receiver implementations.
Is there any proven way to convert this implementation to reliable one ?

Regards,
Umesh Chaudhary
From: Akhil Das [mailto:akhil@sigmoidanalytics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:44 PM
To: Chaudhary, Umesh
Cc: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Optimizing Streaming from Websphere MQ

Each receiver will run on 1 core. So if your network is not the bottleneck then to test the
consumption speed of the receivers you can simply do a dstream.count.print to see how many
records it can receive. (Also it will be available in the Streaming tab of the driver UI).
If you spawn 10 receivers on 10 cores then possibly no processing will happen other than receiving.
Now, on the other hand the MQ can also be the bottleneck (you could possibly configure it
to achieve more parallelism)

Thanks
Best Regards

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Chaudhary, Umesh <Umesh.Chaudhary@searshc.com<mailto:Umesh.Chaudhary@searshc.com>>