spark-user mailing list archives

From Sourav Mazumder <sourav.mazumde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark SQL with Thrift Server is very very slow and finally failing
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 14:26:08 GMT
Here is the physical plan.

Also attaching the executor log from one of the executors. You can see that
memory consumption is slowly rising and then it is reaching around 10.5 GB.
There it is staying for around 5 minutes 06-50-36 to 06-55-00. Then this
executor is getting killed. ExecutorMemory configured is 10GB.

Regards,
Sourav

---------------

 plan
 == Parsed Logical Plan ==
 'Project ['IKB_PROJECT_LIVE_DT,'FLOORPLAN_NM,'FLOORPLAN_DBKEY]
  'Filter ('IKB_PROJECT_TYPE = CR)
   'Join Inner, None
    'UnresolvedRelation [IKB_FP_POG_PRE_EXT], Some(P)
    'UnresolvedRelation [IKB_PROJECT_CALENDAR_EXT], Some(C)

 == Analyzed Logical Plan ==
 Project [IKB_PROJECT_LIVE_DT#31,FLOORPLAN_NM#20,FLOORPLAN_DBKEY#17]
  Filter (IKB_PROJECT_TYPE#29 = CR)
   Join Inner, None
    MetastoreRelation sourav_ikb_hs, ikb_fp_pog_pre_ext, Some(P)
    MetastoreRelation sourav_ikb_hs, ikb_project_calendar_ext, Some(C)

 == Optimized Logical Plan ==
 Project [IKB_PROJECT_LIVE_DT#31,FLOORPLAN_NM#20,FLOORPLAN_DBKEY#17]
  Join Inner, None
   Project [FLOORPLAN_NM#20,FLOORPLAN_DBKEY#17]
    MetastoreRelation sourav_ikb_hs, ikb_fp_pog_pre_ext, Some(P)
   Project [IKB_PROJECT_LIVE_DT#31]
    Filter (IKB_PROJECT_TYPE#29 = CR)
     MetastoreRelation sourav_ikb_hs, ikb_project_calendar_ext, Some(C)

 == Physical Plan ==
 Project [IKB_PROJECT_LIVE_DT#31,FLOORPLAN_NM#20,FLOORPLAN_DBKEY#17]
  CartesianProduct
   HiveTableScan [FLOORPLAN_NM#20,FLOORPLAN_DBKEY#17], (MetastoreRelation
sourav_ikb_hs, ikb_fp_pog_pre_ext, Some(P)), None
   Project [IKB_PROJECT_LIVE_DT#31]
    Filter (IKB_PROJECT_TYPE#29 = CR)
     HiveTableScan [IKB_PROJECT_LIVE_DT#31,IKB_PROJECT_TYPE#29],
(MetastoreRelation sourav_ikb_hs, ikb_project_calendar_ext, Some(C)), None

 Code Generation: false
 == RDD ==

-------