spark-user mailing list archives

From Peter Leventis <pleven...@telkomsa.net>
Subject Re: Download Apache Spark on Windows 7 for a Proof of Concept installation
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:54:47 GMT
Thank you for the answers. I followed numerous recipes including videos and
uncounted many obstacles such as 7-Zip unable to unzip the *.gx file and to
the need to use SBT.

My situation is fixed. I use a Windows 7 PC (not Linux). I would be very
grateful for an approach that simply works. This is the first time in 15
years that I have struggled so much to download and install Open Source
software from Apache. I managed to download and install Apache Drill in
minutes.

Apache Spark is just so awkward! Please help. Any version would do for the
required proof of concept.