spark-user mailing list archives

From Patrick McCarthy <PMcCar...@EatonVance.Com>
Subject Re: Twitter4J streaming question
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 20:26:42 GMT
How can I tell if it's the sample stream or full stream ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 23, 2015, at 4:17 PM, Enno Shioji <eshioji@gmail.com<mailto:eshioji@gmail.com>>
wrote:

You are probably listening to the sample stream, and THEN filtering. This means you listen
to 1% of the twitter stream, and then looking for the tweet by Bloomberg, so there is a very
good chance you don't see the particular tweet.

In order to get all Bloomberg related tweets, you must connect to twitter using the filter
API and not the sample API: https://dev.twitter.com/streaming/reference/post/statuses/filter

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 8:23 PM, pjmccarthy <pmccarthy@eatonvance.com<mailto:pmccarthy@eatonvance.com>>