spark-user mailing list archives

From RedOakMark <m...@redoakstrategic.com>
Subject Re: Spark 1.4.0 - Using SparkR on EC2 Instance
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 13:06:21 GMT
That’s correct.  We were setting up a Spark EC2 cluster from the command line, then installing
RStudio Server, logging into that through the web interface and attempting to initialize the
cluster within RStudio.

We have made some progress on this outside of the thread - I will see what I can compile and
share as a potential walkthrough.

> On Jul 8, 2015, at 9:25 PM, BenPorter [via Apache Spark User List] <ml-node+s1001560n23732h52@n3.nabble.com>
wrote:

> RedOakMark - just to make sure I understand what you did.  You ran the EC2 script on
a local machine to spin up the cluster, but then did not try to run anything in R/RStudio
from your local machine.  Instead you installed RStudio on the driver and ran it as a local
cluster from that driver.  Is that correct?  Otherwise, you make no reference to the master/EC2
server in this code, so I have to assume that means you were running this directly from the
master.