spark-user mailing list archives

From Paolo Platter <paolo.plat...@agilelab.it>
Subject R: Is spark suitable for real time query
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:54:39 GMT
Are you using jdbc server?

Paolo

Inviata dal mio Windows Phone
________________________________
Da: Louis Hust<mailto:louis.hust@gmail.com>
Inviato: ‎22/‎07/‎2015 13:47
A: Robin East<mailto:robin.east@xense.co.uk>
Cc: user@spark.apache.org<mailto:user@spark.apache.org>
Oggetto: Re: Is spark suitable for real time query

I do a simple test using spark in standalone mode(not cluster),
 and found a simple action take a few seconds, the data size is small, just few rows.
So each spark job will cost some time for init or prepare work no matter what the job is?
I mean if the basic framework of spark job will cost seconds?

Real-time is, of course, relative but you’ve mentioned microsecond level. Spark is designed
to process large amounts of data in a distributed fashion. No distributed system I know of
could give any kind of guarantees at the microsecond level.

Robin

> On 22 Jul 2015, at 11:14, Louis Hust <louis.hust@gmail.com<mailto:louis.hust@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I am using spark jar in standalone mode, fetch data from different mysql instance and
do some action, but i found the time is at second level.