spark-user mailing list archives

From Tathagata Das <t...@databricks.com>
Subject Re: pause and resume streaming app
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 00:26:34 GMT
Currently the only way to pause it is to stop it. The way I would do this
is use the Direct Kafka API to access the Kafka offsets, and save them to a
data store as batches finish. If you see a batch job failing because
downstream is down, stop the context. When it comes back up, start a new
streaming context using the saved offsets as starting points.

TD