spark-user mailing list archives

From Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <youngestachie...@gmail.com>
Subject Illegal access error when initializing SparkConf
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 13:37:19 GMT
Team,

I'm just playing around with spark and mllib. Installed scala and spark,
versions mentioned below.

Scala - 2.11.7
Spark - 1.4.0 (Did an mvn package with -Dscala-2.11)

I'm trying to run the Java classification, clustering examples that came
along with the documentation. However, I'm getting the illegal access error
when I'm trying to initialize the SparkConf object.

Please find the error trace below :

*Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access
method scala.collection.mutable.HashSet.<init>()V from class
org.apache.spark.util.Utils$*
* at org.apache.spark.util.Utils$.<init>(Utils.scala:195)*
* at org.apache.spark.util.Utils$.<clinit>(Utils.scala)*
* at org.apache.spark.SparkConf.<init>(SparkConf.scala:58)*
* at
MultinomialLogisticRegressionExample.main(MultinomialLogisticRegressionExample.java:15)*

How do I go about this? Did some googling and couldn't conclude. Please
help and thank you in advance.

--
With Thanks and Regards,
Ramprakash Ramamoorthy,