spark-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 答复: Package Release Annoucement: Spark SQL on HBase "Astro"
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 07:27:42 GMT
HBase will not have query engine.

It will provide better support to query engines.

Cheers

> On Aug 10, 2015, at 11:11 PM, Yan Zhou.sc <Yan.Zhou.sc@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> Ted,
>
> I’m in China now, and seem to experience difficulty to access Apache Jira. Anyways,
it appears to me  that HBASE-14181 attempts to support Spark DataFrame inside HBase.
> If true, one question to me is whether HBase is intended to have a built-in query engine
or not. Or it will stick with the current way as
> a k-v store with some built-in processing capabilities in the forms of coprocessor, custom
filter, …, etc., which allows for loosely-coupled query engines
> built on top of it.
>
> Thanks,

on partial evaluation technique

> ·         HBase pushdown capabilities like custom filters and coprocessor to support
ultra low latency processing

> ·         SQL, Data Frame support
>
> ·         More SQL capabilities made possible (Secondary index, bloom filter, Primary
Key, Bulk load, Update)

> ·         Joins with data from other sources
>
> ·         Python/Java/Scala support
>
> ·         Support latest Spark 1.4.0 release
>

> The tests by Huawei team and community contributors covered the areas: bulk load; projection
pruning; partition pruning; partial evaluation; code generation; coprocessor; customer filtering;
DML; complex filtering on keys and non-keys; Join/union with non-Hbase data; Data Frame; multi-column
family test.  We will post the test results including performance tests the middle of August.
> You are very welcomed to try out or deploy the package, and help improve the integration
tests with various combinations of the settings, extensive Data Frame tests, complex join/union
test and extensive performance tests.  Please use the “Issues” “Pull Requests” links
at this package homepage, if you want to report bugs, improvement or feature requests.
> Special thanks to project owner and technical leader Yan Zhou, Huawei global team, community
contributors and Databricks.   Databricks has been providing great assistance from the design
to the release.
> “Astro”, the Spark SQL on HBase package will be useful for ultra low latency query
and analytics of large scale data sets in vertical enterprises. We will continue to work with
the community to develop new features and improve code base.  Your comments and suggestions
are greatly appreciated.