spark-user mailing list archives

From xander92 <alexander.fra...@ompnt.com>
Subject How to evaluate custom UDF over window
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:26:43 GMT
The ultimate aim of my program is to be able to wrap an arbitrary Scala
function (mostly will be statistics / customized rolling window metrics) in
a UDF and evaluate them on DataFrames using the window functionality.

So my main question is how do I express that a UDF takes a Frame of rows
from a DataFrame as an argument instead of just a single row? And what sort
of arguments would the arbitrary Scala function need to take in order to
handle the raw data from the Frame?