spark-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Ross <br...@Lattice-Engines.com>
Subject How to run start-thrift-server in debug mode?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 16:50:27 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to run the hive thrift server in debug mode.  I've tried to simply pass -Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=127.0.0.1:8888,server=y,suspend=n to start-thriftserver.sh
as a driver option, but it doesn't seem to host a server.  I've then tried to edit the various
shell scripts to run hive thrift server but couldn't get things to work.  It seems that there
must be an easier way to do this.  I've also tried to run it directly in eclipse, but ran
into issues related to Scala that I haven't quite yet figured out.

start-thriftserver.sh --driver-java-options "-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=localhost:8000,server=y,suspend=n
-XX:MaxPermSize=512"  --master yarn://localhost:9000 --num-executors 2

jdb -attach localhost:8000
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
        at com.sun.tools.jdi.SocketTransportService.attach(SocketTransportService.java:222)
        at com.sun.tools.jdi.GenericAttachingConnector.attach(GenericAttachingConnector.java:116)
        at com.sun.tools.jdi.SocketAttachingConnector.attach(SocketAttachingConnector.java:90)
        at com.sun.tools.example.debug.tty.VMConnection.attachTarget(VMConnection.java:519)
        at com.sun.tools.example.debug.tty.VMConnection.open(VMConnection.java:328)
        at com.sun.tools.example.debug.tty.Env.init(Env.java:63)
        at com.sun.tools.example.debug.tty.TTY.main(TTY.java:1066)

Let me know if I'm missing something here...
Thanks in advance,
Ben