spark-user mailing list archives

From Garry Chen <g...@cornell.edu>
Subject RE: Spark ec2 lunch problem
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:45:07 GMT
So what is the best way to deploy spark cluster in EC2 environment any suggestions?

Garry

From: Akhil Das [mailto:akhil@sigmoidanalytics.com]
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 4:27 PM
To: Garry Chen <gc92@cornell.edu>
Cc: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Spark ec2 lunch problem

It may happen that the version of spark-ec2 script you are using is buggy or sometime AWS
have problem provisioning machines.
On Aug 21, 2015 7:56 AM, "Garry Chen" <gc92@cornell.edu<mailto:gc92@cornell.edu>>
wrote:
Hi All,
                I am trying to lunch a spark ec2 cluster by running  spark-ec2 --key-pair=key
--identity-file=my.pem --vpc-id=myvpc --subnet-id=subnet-011 --spark-version=1.4.1 launch
spark-cluster but getting following message endless.  Please help.

Warning: SSH connection error. (This could be temporary.)
Host:
SSH return code: 255
SSH output: ssh: Could not resolve hostname : Name or service not known