spark-user mailing list archives

From "Sea" <261810...@qq.com>
Subject Re: About memory leak in spark 1.4.1
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 01:58:51 GMT
"spark uses a lot more than heap memory, it is the expected behavior."  It didn't exist in
spark 1.3.x
What does "a lot more than" means?  It means that I lose control of it!
I try to  apply 31g, but it still grows to 55g and continues to grow!!! That is the point!
I have tried set memoryFraction to 0.2,but it didn't help.
I don't know whether it will still exist in the next release 1.5, I wish not.

发件人: "Barak Gitsis";<barakg@similarweb.com>;
发送时间: 2015年8月2日(星期天) 晚上9:55
收件人: "Sea"<261810726@qq.com>; "Ted Yu"<yuzhihong@gmail.com>;
抄送: "user@spark.apache.org"<user@spark.apache.org>; "rxin"<rxin@databricks.com>;
"joshrosen"<joshrosen@databricks.com>; "davies"<davies@databricks.com>;
主题: Re: About memory leak in spark 1.4.1

spark uses a lot more than heap memory, it is the expected behavior.in 1.4 off-heap memory
usage is supposed to grow in comparison to 1.3

Better use as little memory as you can for heap, and since you are not utilizing it already,
it is safe for you to reduce it.
memoryFraction helps you optimize heap usage for your data/application profile while keeping
it tight.