Umesh:
Please take a look at the classes under:
sql/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/parquet

FYI

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Umesh Kacha <umesh.kacha@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Bo thanks much let me explain please see the following code

JavaPairRDD<String,PortableDataStream> pairRdd =
javaSparkContext.binaryFiles("/hdfs/path/to/binfile");
JavaRDD<PortableDataStream> javardd = pairRdd.values();

DataFrame binDataFrame = sqlContext.createDataFrame(javaBinRdd, PortableDataStream.class);
binDataFrame.show(); //shows just one row with above file path /hdfs/path/to/binfile

I want binary data in DataFrame from above file so that I can directly do analytics on it. My data is binary so I cant use StructType with primitive data types rigth since everything is binary/byte. My custom data format in binary is same as Parquet I did not find any good example where/how parquet is read into DataFrame. Please guide.