spark-user mailing list archives

From YaoPau <jonrgr...@gmail.com>
Subject Any plans to support Spark Streaming within an interactive shell?
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 20:47:49 GMT
I'm seeing products that allow you to interact with a stream in realtime
(write code, and see the streaming output automatically change), which I
think makes it easier to test streaming code, although running it on batch
then turning streaming on certainly is a good way as well.

I played around with trying to get Spark Streaming working within the spark
shell, but it looks like as soon as I stop my ssc I can't restart it again.
Are there any open tickets to add this functionality?  Just looking to see
if it's on the roadmap at all.