spark-user mailing list archives

From nib...@free.fr
Subject Re: Spark Streaming over YARN
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2015 16:36:12 GMT
Sorry, I just said that I NEED to manage offsets, so in case of Kafka Direct Stream , how can
I handle this ?
Update Zookeeper manually ? why not but any other solutions ?

----- Mail original -----
De: "Cody Koeninger" <cody@koeninger.org>
À: "Nicolas Biau" <nibiau@free.fr>
Cc: "user" <user@spark.apache.org>
Envoyé: Vendredi 2 Octobre 2015 18:29:09
Objet: Re: Spark Streaming over YARN

Neither of those statements are true.
You need more receivers if you want more parallelism.
You don't have to manage offset positioning with the direct stream if you don't want to, as
long as you can accept the limitations of Spark checkpointing.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 10:52 AM, < nibiau@free.fr > wrote:

>From my understanding as soon as I use YARN I don't need to use parrallelisme (at least
for RDD treatment)
I don't want to use direct stream as I have to manage the offset positionning (in order to
be able to start from the last offset treated after a spark job failure)