spark-user mailing list archives

From Lan Jiang <ljia...@gmail.com>
Subject How to access lost executor log file
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 17:30:00 GMT
Hi, there

When running a Spark job on YARN, 2 executors somehow got lost during the execution. The message
on the history server GUI is “CANNOT find address”.  Two extra executors were launched
by YARN and eventually finished the job. Usually I go to the “Executors” tab on the UI
to check the executor stdout/stderr for troubleshoot. Now if I go to the “Executors” tab,
 I do not see the 2 executors that were lost. I can only see the rest executors and the 2
new executors. Thus I cannot check the stdout/stderr of the lost executors. How can I access
the log files of these lost executors to find out why they were lost?

Thanks

Lan