spark-user mailing list archives

From "Afshartous, Nick" <nafshart...@turbine.com>
Subject Spark/Kafka Streaming Job Gets Stuck
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 15:45:15 GMT

Hi, we are load testing our Spark 1.3 streaming (reading from Kafka)  job and seeing a problem.
 This is running in AWS/Yarn and the streaming batch interval is set to 3 minutes and this
is a ten node cluster.

Testing at 30,000 events per second we are seeing the streaming job get stuck (stack trace
below) for over an hour.

Thanks on any insights or suggestions.
--
      Nick

org.apache.spark.streaming.api.java.AbstractJavaDStreamLike.mapPartitionsToPair(JavaDStreamLike.scala:43)
com.wb.analytics.spark.services.streaming.drivers.StreamingKafkaConsumerDriver.runStream(StreamingKafkaConsumerDriver.java:125)
com.wb.analytics.spark.services.streaming.drivers.StreamingKafkaConsumerDriver.main(StreamingKafkaConsumerDriver.java:71)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
org.apache.spark.deploy.yarn.ApplicationMaster$$anon$2.run(ApplicationMaster.scala:480)

Notice: This communication is for the intended recipient(s) only and may contain confidential,
proprietary, legally protected or privileged information of Turbine, Inc. If you are not the
intended recipient(s), please notify the sender at once and delete this communication. Unauthorized
use of the information in this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. For
those recipients under contract with Turbine, Inc., the information in this communication
is subject to the terms and conditions of any applicable contracts or agreements.