spark-user mailing list archives

From <Saif.A.Ell...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject thriftserver: access temp dataframe from in-memory of spark-shell
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 14:10:25 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible to load a spark-shell, in which we do any number of operations in a dataframe,
then register it as a temporary table and get to see it through thriftserver?
ps. or even better, submit a full job and store the dataframe in thriftserver in-memory before
the job completes.

I have been trying this without success, bee does not see the dataframes of the spark-shell's
hive context.
If any of you confirms this possibility, I will try further ahead. So far it only seems to
be able to manually read from persistent tables.

Thanks for any insights,
Saif